BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT BANKER
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Consumer Banking Executive
The Business Development Banker (Business Banker) will play a key role in developing new relationships for the bank through the primary focus of prospecting new customers and cross-selling existing customers in the market. The Business Banker will spend much of their time out of the branch and will travel to their clients' locations to generate new business. Business bankers must continuously stay current with new types of deposit, loan and financial products. The Business Banker will provide financial services to customers and grow deposits, loans, fee income and refer appropriate customers and prospects to merchant services, cash management and lines of business within the bank.
- Build new banking relationships with business line leadership along all business lines within market. Identify customer needs and refer customers to business partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
- Responsible for deposit relationship generation. Provide guidance to and work with branch teams in an effort to strengthen current - product knowledge and provide expertise to support overall sales processes.
- This position is responsible for cross-selling all bank services.
- The Business Banker is to develop business relationships by profiling and analyzing financial data and consulting with customers on banking solutions.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank within the regionís marketplace. Establish referral contacts within the community.
- Bachelorís degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent preferred
- Experienced in the sales of products and services, based on customer needs and relationships is required.
- Minimum of three years of previous experience in retail and business sales in the financial/banking industry is preferable.
- Strong relationship sales management and prospecting skills
- High degree of professionalism and project a pleasant and professional appearance
- Problem solving and time management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Must be willing to take ownership for his/her work
- Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to achieve retail product production goals and/or referral goals set by market.