DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
DIVISION: Executive Management Team
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
LOCATION: Main Office, 200 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company (GCB) has an opportunity for a motivated individual with excellent marketing and communication skills. The successful candidate directs marketing, public relations, advertising, corporate events, community involvement projects and all communication activities of the bank. The Marketing Director will direct and complete marketing research projects, assist with development and revision of the bankís products and recommend methods for developing existing markets and penetrating new ones for GCB. The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing, planning and implementing the bankís total marketing plan, including all marketing objectives and programs for the bank.
- Provides product marketing support for all departments throughout the bank. Includes but is not limited to production of marketing materials, advertising pieces, press releases, advertising placements, and direct mail campaigns.
- Coordinates all corporate events for various customer and employee functions throughout the calendar year. Plays an active role as the bankís internal and external event planner and manager.
- Maintains and ensures consistent GCB brand image on the internet, through all social media outlets and in all other electronic formats. Maintains content of the bankís website and web presence, analyzes website trends and usage, looking for ways to enhance web presence.
- Plans, develops and coordinates business development, charitable, and community involvement activities and projects that promote the spirit, philosophy, dedication, and general direction of the GCB.
- Participates in developing and administering marketing research through market surveys, customer surveys, focus group meetings, launching new products, developing collateral materials and evaluating the success of new product launches and marketing campaigns.
- Recommends marketing budget based on prior spending patterns and future marketing needs. Works to diligently manage approved budget and maintain expenses within budget parameters.
- Develops structure and content of corporate annual report. Coordinates vendors, assists with development of annual report theme/concept. Manages workflow and ensures report is delivered on time.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS NECESSARY TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- Bachelorís degree in marketing, business administration, communications studies or a related field is preferred.
- Prior marketing experience is required, banking or finance industry preferred.
- Ability to develop marketing strategies and successfully create and execute marketing programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong people/communication skills.
- Accurate, creative, innovative, and detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher.