As of August 15, 2010, Gulf Coast Bank has blocked all debit card transactions in foreign
countries. If you are planning to visit a foreign country or are using your debit card to
make a purchase from a company in a foreign country, please notify us in advance. Click
for the complete details.
- Sign the back of the card as soon as you get it.
- Never give your account number to someone calling you or sending you an e-mail.
- Never give your PIN to anyone. That includes family members and friends.
- Never leave your credit card and/or debit card as a “security deposit” or as identification. Instead, use your driver’s license (make sure your Social Security number is not on your license).
- When you are expecting a new or replacement card, look for it in the mail. If you do not receive it in a timely manner notify the issuer immediately.
- Never leave receipts behind where someone could pick them up. Destroy them as if you would any other document with personal or financial information.
- Always review financial and account statements to ensure accuracy.
- Report suspected fraud immediately to your financial institution. The sooner you report suspected fraud, the more likely the losses can be minimized.
Gulf Coast Bank and VISA provide you with added level protection for your debit and
credit card(s). In addition to our other ways of preventing, detecting, and resolving fraud,
we participate in Verified by Visa
. This is a free, simple-to-use service that confirms
your identity with an extra password when you make an online transaction. Click here
for more information and to register your card(s).