|WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OVERDRAFTS AND OVERDRAFT FEES
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway.
- We offer a standard overdraft practice that is available with your account called Discretionary Overdraft Privilege.
You may choose to participate in this plan if you meet the qualifications. To learn more, ask us about this plan.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account, which may be less expensive than
our standard plan. To learn more, ask us about this plan.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
- What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you have asked us to:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts
for the following types of transactions unless you ask
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- What fees will I be charged if Gulf Coast Bank and Trust pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $28.00 each time we pay an overdraft
- For Consumer account ONLY, if multiple items are presented against your account on the same day, each item will be assessed the appropriate NSF/Overdraft fee up to a daily limit of $90.00
- What if I want Gulf Coast Bank and Trust to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you have not already Opted In for ATM and everyday debit card transactions and wish the Bank to authorize
and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call 1-800-223-2060, visit our website at
www.gulfbank.com, or complete the form below and present it at a branch or mail it to: Gulf Coast Bank &
Trust Attn: Deposit Services 5001 Veterans Blvd. Metairie, LA 70006