Educator Plus Checking Disclosure Packet
Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Co.
200 St. Charles Ave. New Orleans, LA 70130
Truth In Savings Disclosure
Account Type: Educator Plus
Account #: _________________________________
This disclosure contains the rules which govern your deposit account. Unless it would be inconsistent to do so, words and phrases used in this disclosure should be construed so that the singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular.
Available for individuals employed by learning institutions in Louisiana or Mississippi.
Minimum Balance Requirements
- A minimum deposit of $100.00 is required to open account
- There is no monthly service charge for this account.
- Monthly Paper Statement fee of $4.85.
- Monthly paper statement fee waived if one of the following is met:
- Average month to date balance of $5,000.00 or greater OR
- Average month to date balance of $25,000 or greater in qualifying deposits (See Additional Terms for qualifying accounts) OR
- Account is set for eStatements
If the primary bank account holder decides to cancel their eStatement at any time, or if we have reason to believe that they are not receiving their eStatement or eNotification a $4.85 quarterly paper statement fee will be assessed unless the average month to date balance of $5,000.00 or greater OR average month to date balance of $25,000.00 or greater in qualifying in deposits applies.
The primary account holder must maintain an active internet banking account and current , active email address. (See Gulf Coast Bank and Trust Co. Internet Banking and eSign Disclosure)
- A $5.00 monthly Dormant fee will be assessed if your account reaches Dormant account status.
- See Notice of Disclosure for Services and Fees for a list of additional fees that may apply.
- The interest rate and annual percentage yield for your account depend upon the applicable rate tier. The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change.
- The initial interest rate and annual percentage yield on your account is determined by the interest rate tier that your initial deposit falls into on the day your account is opened.
- Account Interest Rate Tiers
|Balance Tier||Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield (APY)|
|$200,000.00 and greater||0.35%||0.35%|
|$25,000.00 - $199,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
|$0.01 - $24,999.99||0.20%||0.20%|
- The interest rate and annual percentage yield stated above are accurate as of the date printed above. If you would like more current rate and yield information please call us at one of the numbers listed above.
- Fees may reduce earnings
Frequency of Rate Change
- At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
Accrual of Interest on Noncash Deposits
- Interest will begin to accrue the next business day following the day of your opening deposit.
Compounding, Crediting and Balance Computation
- Interest is compounded monthly. Interest will be credited at the end of each statement cycle.
- There is no minimum balance to earn interest.
- If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day. The daily periodic rate may vary.
- The period we use is days in statement cycle.
- If the primary account holder has enrolled in eStatements, they will receive an email notification when their statement is ready for viewing at www.gulfbank.com. (see Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Co. Internet Banking and eSign Disclosure). Images of processed items are available online. Active internet banking account and email address is required at all times.
- If the primary account holder is not actively enrolled in eStatements at any time, for any reason, they will receive a monthly paper statement mailed to their address of record.
- Your account will be placed in Dormant Status after 12 months of inactivity. While your account is dormant, any applicable monthly service charges and monthly paper statement fees will be waived. You will no longer receive periodic statements and/or eStatement notifications. Upon reactivating your account, you will begin to receive a periodic statement and all fees associated with the account product will be assessed, unless you meet the balance requirements if applicable
- ^We reserve the right to delete points due to the abuse of a check/debit card or checking account.
- Qualifying deposits includes all personal checking, savings or certificates of deposits that are directly linked to this account.
- We reserve the right to require proof of employment to verify eligibility.
Additional Benefits Available
- uChoose Rewards Points - earn reward points for qualifying Gulf Coast MasterCard Debit Card Transactions. See UChoose Reward Point Program Rules Brochure for complete details.
- Free first order of checks - Basic Style only - ordered through GCB's vendor
- Eligible to apply for an Educators Vacation Club Savings Account - see Vacation Club Disclosure for complete details.
- Eligible to apply for a credit card with a reduced rate of 11.99% (subject to normal credit qualifications)
- Earn discounts for PC/Laptop loan (subject to normal credit qualifications)
- Eligible for Gulf Coast Mortgage Division loan administration fee discount of $250.00 (subject to normal credit and program qualifications)
- Eligible for fitness club membership discount. Visit Any Time Fitness for discount information and participating locations.
- Eligible for Enterprise Car Rental discount. Visit Enterprise Rent-A-Car for complete details refer to Membership account# L142225.