Float Universal Banker – Southshore Locations
Division: Consumer Banking Division
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Branch Sales and Operations Manager
Supervises: No Supervisory Duties
Location: Southshore Locations
Provide quality, accurate and timely customer services involving daily processing of financial transactions. Promotes bank products and services through positive proactive sales. Informs and educates customers about products, services, and benefits. Performs related duties as required to achieve Consumer Banking branch goals (meet/exceed sales goals/referral goals, etc.)
- Responsible for providing most customer service needs in the bank, including teller and platform support as necessary in order to deliver the utmost level of customer service. Teller support would include, but not limited to, performing daily processing of financial transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, cashing checks and balancing. Platform support would include, but not limited to, opening checking accounts, savings accounts, certificates of deposit and cross-selling of other products and services. proactively informs clients of products/services, profiles clients to identify financial needs, and makes referrals when warranted.
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of other bank services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Mortgage and Wealth Management.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product and services information to clients.
- Cross-sells and makes referrals to other lines of business to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participates in all On-Boarding of clients and all campaigns which includes calling clients.
- May be responsible for taking loan applications for personal consumer type loans and processing the application.
- Assist Branch Sales and Operations Manager with “on the job training” of new employees.
- Participate in branch meetings to promote sales, product knowledge, and delivering “exceptional” customer service.
- Assist other associates with all aspects of daily branch operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
- Must have own means of transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 2+ years of experience as a Teller and/or Relationship Banker; with experience as both Teller and Relationship Banker strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong sales skills and open to culture of customer needs-based selling.
- Proficient with technology and baslexilexiic computer skills.